A blend of several systems, the human body is a miracle in itself. The constitution of the body has always been debatable. But every question has an answer with a reason. The pages of Ayurveda uncover most of the mysteries of the human body.
Ayurveda is known as the oldest science of healing. If explored deeply, Ayurveda has power to heal every pain of life. Be the constitution of the body, Ayurveda has already answered this peculiar truth years ago.
As per the mother of all healing sciences, our body is constituted of three natural elements widely famous as Tridosha.
If you had been to Ayurveda Teacher Training Course or ever been a part of Yoga Teacher Training in India you might have got an idea of Tridosha.
If not, then do not worry, here I will introduce you to the
amazing facts of three doshas.
Let us understand the theory of Tridosha
Our body is made up of three bodily humor- says Ayurveda!
Our health depends
upon the balance among Tridosha:
Each of the doshas is assigned to regulate particular functions inside the body. Hence, properly balanced doshas are demanded to make the body disease-free.
Just like our fingerprints have no chances to match with any other human being on the whole earth, similarly, the body constitution of individuals cannot be the same.
Everybody has a distinct body constitution, some are with dominating Vata, and some are with dominating Pitta whereas some are Kapha person.
Vata Dosha basically regulates the
function of the nervous system.
Pitta Dosha is the ruler of digestion, by managing the bile Vata dosha redefines the digestive system and synchronizes the blood flow to the internal organs.
Rest, Kapha Dosha is the caretaker of mucus, lubrication, and anabolism. Kapha handles muscle growth in the body.
Each individual has a different body type with one of the doshas commanding the composition.
Now let us dive in the depth of Tridosha to know more about your body type:
Tridosha Theory: Tridosha theory is the basis of Ayurveda. This is what our diet and ailments are based on. If you are well aware of your body type and what it demands you will never fall sick. The medicine of any disease is there inside our body, it is just we need to treat it right.
Ayurveda flows in a sequence:
- Know your body type
- Eat according to your Tridosha composition
- Avoid what is not made for your body type
- Practice Ayurveda methods to stay avoid being sick
- Overall, your body just demands you to balance your Tridosha!
How do diseases emerge in humans?
This life is a unique gift to all of us from nature. Besides the gift, nature has also given us a wand to keep it fit and healthy. Why do most diseases arise when we are growing up? Why is old age always said to be prone to more diseases?
The reason is simple. We are born with a perfectly balanced body, but as we grow up the emotional, physical, psychological and also spiritual environment affects our growth.
Similarly, the unplanned food habits, unallowed bodily activities, and irresponsible practices often make our doshas imbalanced.
The disparity in doshas results in the disease-prone body.
Thus, Ayurveda advises you to know your body type and take care of this beautiful gift of nature.
Know more about your Dosha:
1. Vata Dosha:
Vata Dosha is a blend of space and wind. Be it physical, emotional or spiritual, Vata Dosha regulates the movement in the body. The Dosha controls the nervous system and also handles the neural impulses. Moreover, Vata being the king of movement oversees the other two doshas also-Pitta and Kapha.
Thus the day job of Vata is to maintain the balance and the other is to stimulate the flow of the other two doshas.
Below are the subdivisions of Vata in the body:
1. Prana Vata lies in the head and controls senses.
2. Vyana Vata is found in the heart and controls the actions of the body.
3. Udana Vata is the regulator of intellect and voice. This lies in the chest area.
4. Samana Vata is in the stomach and is for digestion.
5. Apana Vata oversees discharges and is in the anal region.
2.Pitta Dosha: Metabolic Dosha
Pitta Dosha is quite interesting. It is a mix of two opposite elements: fire and water. Pitta governs our metabolism. It directs the activities of our metabolism both physically and emotionally. Pitta dosha breaks the food into energy and supplies the required amount of energy to the organs. An imbalance in Pitta dosha can cost your health and immunity.
Below are the subdivisions of Pitta in the body:
1. Ranjak Pitta is present in the stomach and looks after the Rakta or blood flow.
2. Bhrajak Pitta is for skin and controls melanin.
3. Alochak Pitta controls the eyesight and is in our eyes.
4. Sadhak Pitta is there in your heart regulating the psychology of your body.
5. Pachak Pitta is found in the duodenum of the small intestine and regulates the digestive system.
3.Kapha Dosha: Anabolic Dosha
Kapha is a great combination of Earth and Water. Kapha provides our body and mind with the required energy. Kapha checks the water level in the organs and fills the body parts that lack water and demands an optimum supply of water.
The anabolic dosha also plays an important role in psychological balance and is linked with emotions such as compassion and envy.
Below are the subdivisions of Kapha in the body:
1. Shleshak Kapha monitors the joints and ensures lubrication.
2. Kledak Kapha helps in digestion and is present in the stomach.
3. Bodhak oversees the senses. Found in sensory organs, Bodhak Kapha handles our sense organs.
4. Avalambak Kapha is found in the throat and heart and lubricates the same.
5. Tarpak Kapha controls intelligence and is present in the head.
So, this wall is all about the three different Dosha. Your Tridosha composition defines your personality. Tridosha decides the traits of an individual. Some may be introverts, some are more intelligent, and some can be more active, some more creative and so on. All this is regulated by our doshas. So to strengthen your capabilities, take care of your Dosha balance.
An imbalance in any of the above can hinder their functioning making it a cause of emotional or physical illness.
Your USP if you are:
- Vata Person: energetic, creative, and flexible.
- Pitta Person: good decision-makers, teachers, managers, and speakers
- Kapha Person: strong,
loyal, patient, steady, and supportive.
Thus, all is within you. Know yourself and exploit your
powers to achieve higher possibilities of life. You are just a step away.